Estes Park in Colorado is one of the biggest tourist destinations during the summer and winter for those who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, white water rafting, exploring with your kids, and much more! Whether you enjoy the slower side of life and simply want to sit outside and enjoy the stunning vistas, or you are an adrenaline junkie who enjoys climbing to the top of the nearby peaks, there is something for everyone here in Colorado.
We recommend checking out some of the top things to do in Estes Park in summer so you can plan your trip ahead of time. After all, once you see pictures of the stunning landscapes and countryside, you won’t be able to help yourself!
Things to do in Estes Park, Colorado
For families, friends, couples, and solo travelers, there are numerous activities to do, both indoor and outdoor, during your time in Colorado. Check out some of the most popular things to do, which will make the vacation one that you will never forget.
- WildSide 4×4 Tours — Explore the surrounding countryside and mountain trails in a 4×4 jeep and knowledgeable tour guides.
- Estes Park Guided Tours — Want to learn more about the surrounding area and the national parks nearby? Join one of the guided tours to walk along hiking trails, and learn more about the cultural history of the area, and the nature in the town.
- Yellow Wood Guiding — if you would rather have a private tour to go at your own pace, you can sign up for one of Yellow Wood’s guided private tours in Estes Park.
- Backbone Adventure — Not for the faint of heart, Backbone Adventure Rentals offers ATVs, kayaks, paddle boards, canoes, and other items to rent during your outdoor excursions!
- Reverie Beauty and Bodywork — After a long day of exploring the nearby area, it can be time to unwind and relax. Whether you are getting a couple’s massage with you and your partner, or you would just like to have your feet rubbed after being in hiking shoes all day, Reverie Beauty and Bodywork offers massages, facials, and much more.
- The Barrel — Maybe you have worked up an appetite and thirst after a full-day hike. If so, head to The Barrel! This craft beer location on Moraine Avenue in Estes Park is the perfect space to people-watch, sit outside and catch a cool breeze, and try one of the many craft beers from local breweries in the area.
- Wildwater Rafting — Sometimes in Estes Park, it can get very hot. In this case, cool off by heading to A1 Wildwater Rafting with you and your closest friends in nearby Fort Collins to enjoy the adrenaline-packed day of coasting down white-water rapids.
Accommodation in Estes Park, Colorado
If you have already booked all of your excursions for Estes Park, it is now time to find out where you are going to stay. Luckily for you, there are tons of options for you and your pals to stay in during your upcoming holiday. Whether you would rather stay in a low-key place that is cheap, or you want a luxury villa or cabin with extensive views, we have whatever you need.
You can browse between luxurious accommodation options, Estes Park cabins for sale (if you really like it here!), Estes Park Resort stays, and Estes Park cabins in the local area for rent. Not sure if this is what you are looking for? Some of the best features of the Estates Park cabins include upper-level lofts, air heating and cooling, large coerced exterior patios areas for grilling and dining at night, master bedroom suites, natural wood floors, custom countertops, modern bathrooms, and custom kitchen cabinets and vanities.
Just because you are going to be staying in the mountains, it doesn’t mean you have to be camping. Although it can be fun to sleep under the stars, you get the same feeling with this luxury living experience in the Rocky Mountains. You can rent a single-family home in Estes Park at Mountain Village at Lakes Estes or one of the luxury cabins to enjoy a getaway that is close to the town center. You will have the best of both worlds — you can feel like you are in the Rocky Mountains National Park and still be close to all of the local amenities!
If you are having trouble finding where to book during your impending holiday, why not try Mountain Village at Lake Estes? This luxury accommodation company offers long-term rental contracts and one-of-a-kind properties that are ideal for short-term, weekend stays, summer rentals, or multi-month stays. If you really like it here — which we know you will in Estes Park — you can even contact us to purchase one of the luxury cabins for you to stay in every single winter and summer!